Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Signs of the Times

Wow, if you just keep your eyes open, "blog-worthy" things can be found everywhere.

I could not resist sharing this, although I'd rather pretend it's not real. Austin told me last week that he had been invited to a birthday party given by a girl at school. Hmmm, a boy/girl party, I thought. My little Austin. Hard (for me) to believe he's old enough for this stuff. It was on the night we had planned to take Kristi out for her birthday, and when I mentioned that, he assured me he wasn't interested in going to the party anyway. That made it easy; schedule conflict averted; boy/girl parties for Austin postponed until the next invitation.

This morning I ran out the door with the lunch he almost forgot to take, and as he was putting it in his backpack, I noticed a bright piece of paper sticking out. He handed it to me, saying it was the invitation to that party, and that I could just throw it away now that it was over. So then I looked at it and noticed something, well, blog-worthy. See what you notice.



Let's look a little closer:




Did you catch that? My 12-year-old was not just invited to a boy/girl party (which I CAN wrap my mind around, despite my reluctance to), but he was invited to a boy/girl sleepover. Yup. This I cannot wrap my mind around. I think I may need to go lie down.

Deep breath.

The really important news of the day is that it's Kristi's 16th birthday. Perhaps I will blog more about that later??

p.s. don't ask my why the date on the pictures that I took this morning say 5/4/06!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday Kristi!

On a more solemn note: Holy cow, holy cow, holy cow...

I can find no other words.

Tracy said...

Um...WHAT?!?

Mirien said...

I second Tracy's WHAT??? What parent would let their kids attend such a party, not to mention host one?? I can't even handle same-sex sleepover parties.

Happy 16th birthday, Kristi! I turned 16 myself a while back. I swear it wasn't that long ago, so don't mention that my own daughter will also be 16 this year. She is quickly catching up to me!

merathon said...

i am SO not ready for that either. kendall has had a couple sleepovers, but only with cousins or a neighbor (GIRL, that is)-- seriously, what were this girl's parents thinking?

happy birthday, kristi! hope your sweet 16 is as great as mine was! i remember how grown-up i felt... hmmm...that was OVER 16 years ago now! (i think that must mean i am now older than mirien)

Matthew said...

Oh my gosh! That is extremely disturbing! I am completely speechless.

-karey