Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nevada Skies

One of the things I really love about living in northern Nevada is the big blue sky. Blue skies happen so often out here that they are almost monotonous to some. Not to me. And when the blue skies are punctuated with amazing cloud formations, then I could just gaze at them all day. Perhaps one of the reasons that I love looking at the sky so much is that looking at the ground is not very exciting. Unless it's developed, Nevada ground mostly looks like this:



And the vistas look like this:



So your eyes are naturally drawn heavenward, at least mine are.


Today has been a 'beautiful skies' day. The kind that has made me grateful for nature's beauty, the kind that has refreshed my spirits, and relaxed my mind.

1 comment:

Paul said...

That is pretty spectacular! Thanks for sharing a slice of western beauty.