Monday, March 16, 2009

Girls' Night Out

Last Friday, Keith had a "camp-in" with his class of 14-15 yr old boys from church. They came over to eat pizza, play wii, and have a crazy air soft war in the sagebrush field behind our house. Kristi and I decided it would be a good time to sneak away for a girls' night out. We had a blast. I am sooooo grateful to have a daughter that I can truly call my friend. We talked and laughed and sang to David Archuleta's CD in the car (as she drove). We're going to his concert in Reno on Wednesday night!!



We ate mexican food and had to unbutton our pants in the car afterwards (hmmm, too much information?). We did some birthday shopping since her sweet 16th is right around the corner. We just had fun!



I love being with Kristi. She is a wonderful, sweet, funny, friendly, talented, lovely young lady. I've told her several times that she is what I wanted to be when I was a teenager. When she was little I used to comment to Keith that I was just so excited to watch her grow up and see who she would turn out to be. Now many years later, I can say that it continues to be a fun ride. I admire Kristi and feel very privileged to be her mom.

6 comments:

Karen said...

How do I adjust the picture size? My pictures in this post were way bigger than I would have liked. Answers??

Michelle Dudley said...

I'm hit and miss on the picture size - but cute post. I think when you upload the picture you have a chance there to put how big you want your picture and where you want it.

I'm jealous of all the David Archuletta concert goers!

Mirien said...

I use Windows Live Writer to write my posts (after Meredith told me about it) and you can click on your pix after you upload them and adjust the size by dragging the box at the corner.

We love girls' nights, too. There are just certain things you can only do or watch or listen to when the boys aren't around. The only problem is that I have such a big age range with my girls! But that's okay. It just means I'll be enjoying girl time for many, many years to come, right?

Tracy said...

Kristi rocks. Maddie & I just had a girls night out 2 weeks ago--they've gotta happen in these houses of boys! I think it'll be more and more fun as she gets older.

As for the pictures--when you click on the little button to browse for pictures, you'll notice an option on that page to choose the size (sm, med, large)--try that! Seems like you can also choose to make that your default size.

Marliese said...

That's sounds so great--it gives me a lot to look forward to, and to work towards. I hope I have as wonderful a relationship with my daughters (can't believe I have 3 already!) when they are teenagers.

cb said...

You make me smile. What a great blog. And how fun to spend some good quality time with Kristi!