Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh yeah, I have a blog!

I don't know that I have anything blog-worthy to report, but it's been awhile, so I'll just check in. It's a beautiful October day with clear skies and crisp temperatures in the 50's. I love this time of year! I've been enjoying a rather lazy day that began with a long walk with a friend after we dropped our youngest children off at school. We have known each other for a dozen years and talked a lot about how our lives are so different than they used to be when our children were small. I will admit that I am really enjoying this time in my life. My kids are not little anymore, but they are all still home. They are getting increasingly independent, but they still depend on me. I have time to read my scriptures, or a novel, and I can keep up with the church magazines and the gospel doctrine lessons! I don't always keep up on them, but I CAN. This slower pace doesn't always benefit my productivity -- it's funny how we can accomplish a lot when much is required -- but it is nice to not feel as frantic as I often have over the past decade or so. Over the past couple of weeks, we have been transferring our 8 mm videos onto DVD's, so we have been playing our home movies for hours. We have laughed our heads off, and shed a few tears of nostalgia. Here are some random pictures of times past:











Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hooray a blog!! Being your twin family (plus bonus), I always look to your family to see where we're headed in a few years. No pressure. Seems like a pretty good place to me.

P.S. LOVE the dog picture. And the nerds in the forest? Hahaha.

Rachel Sorber said...

So fun! I just love your family, and so getting to read about them like this is great. I'm going to have to become a blogger one of these days...

Mirien said...

You're doing great! Keep the posts coming--I look forward to keeping up with you across the miles. Like you, after months of reading everyone else's blogs I just had to start one, too. I have a question--how do you transfer 8mm to DVD? We need to do that also. What equipment do you need?

Karey said...

Yay for blogs! And yay for Matt taking the baby for a walk so I can read them! I love your family so much and I'm so excited for a reunion next summer so we can all get together!

Melanie said...

I really love it when one more family member jumps on the blog bandwagon. It's a fun place to be.