Saturday, January 16, 2010

choosing between good and good

Brennan received his first acceptance letter the other day. He has been invited to attend:



Pretty cool. Ever since we visited the campus and took a guided tour in the summer of '08, he has been excited about the possibility of going to school there.

So Option One: 'BYU-I' looks very good.

But with his 19th birthday approaching, he is toying with Option Two as well. This option would find him here:



Yes, Option Two: 'Serving a mission' is also a very good option.

Stay tuned for future decisions.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I saw his update on Facebook.

Congratulations Brennan!

Mirien said...

It's hard to believe that it's time to make such decisions! Honestly, it wasn't that long ago when you and I were at BYU, was it??

Tracy said...

Holey moley.

Strollerblader said...

Such an exciting time of life! He'll do great either way!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I vote for BYU-I! Just one semester of living away from home, especially if it can be at BYU-I with all the other mission-prepping freshmen, is an awesome way to go. You get your independence + responsibility, your friends, your girl troubles, your roommate practice, and exceptional religion courses before you go. Plus, you can still be in phone contact with your parents and siblings for more than twice a year while you adjust to living on your own. For many of my friends freshman year, I'm sure they were better prepared for missions having had that time at school before.

Of course Brennan would be ready either way. I'm excited for him!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

That was Miriam. I think Marc would say the same. :)