Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh me, oh my!

Wow, I think I may have forgotten how to do this blogging thing. My last post was actually before the last day of school in early June?? Pretty funny. As I re-read that post, I felt quite satisfied at all we have successfully accomplished in our busy summer.

EFY? Check. Brennan and Kristi had a great time. They loved having David and Kenzie join them, and it was a great experience for all. David and Brennan didn't take any pictures of themselves on their cell phones, but the girls did!




Austin's vacation in Santa Cruz? He had a fabulous time and came back very tan and a little blonder:






Pioneer Trek? A smashing success. Once again, I think Keith is amazing. True, he had wonderful people called to help him pull it off, but he has such vision and leadership abilities. Brennan and Kristi (and every other youth I've spoken to) had a terrific experience. Keith literally couldn't talk about it for a few days afterwards without getting a little teary. Sorry, Brennan, no one from your group sent me any pictures.


The fearless leader:


NYLT for Austin? Not his favorite week. Two words: smelly tentmate. But, hey, it's done and he'll never have to go again!

Family Reunion '09 -- so great. Most of you who might read this blog were there, so no need to say much. We loved seeing you and catching up a little. We have such an amazing family, don't we??
Here are the brave Provo River Tubers!




Brennan had a great time with his terrific cousins!


So did Kristi!!


Girls' Camp for Kristi and me? Even more fun than I thought it might be. Kristi always loves it and looks forward to it each year, but while I have gone up several times over the years, it's never been for more than a night. This week I was a stake leader and stayed all week. No tent, no cabin, just a sleeping bag under the stars, right out there with all the mosquitoes. And it was super fun.

Basketball tournaments and scout activities? All good. Brennan has continued to have some foot troubles, which has made it impossible for him to play football, but he is very optomistic that he will be 100% by basketball season, which is his first priority by a mile.

Church history trip for Kristi and her dad? This is the only thing that didn't happen this summer. They have rainchecked it for early next summer.

Trips to Nevada Beach? We've been several times; not close to once a week, but several times. And it's beautiful and relaxing and good therapy for any stress. Open invitation to all of you.

School begins in about two weeks, and nobody is ready. I have nothing further to say on that subject. It's hard to believe another summer is just about gone.

And by the way, my little boy Brennan is now eighteen years old. I can't even think of what to write about that. I have so many emotions about it, I won't even try. Suffice it to say, we love him and are very proud of the man he is becoming. He just had his senior picture taken, but is already looking past graduation to college and a mission. It's all happening much too fast for me.

Enjoy the rest of summer!




4 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

You may not see it but I am bowing down right now chanting..."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..." Kudos on getting all of that done.

A little eerie to think that I remember Austin being a little one and when Dallin was born. And who said Brennan could turn 18?

Even weirder is that I am sure it will be all too soon when I am singing the same song.

merathon said...

WHAT??? my little cousin is EIGHTEEN? seriously, how did that happen?

sure missed being at that reunion. i will do everything i can to make sure we don't miss the next one!

Mirien said...

What a great summer! You guys really know how to have fun. So glad we got to see you. One more year with all your kids under the same roof? Enjoy. That's coming too fast for me, too. I realized that both Evan and Alyssa will be in college by the time Hayley starts kindergarten!

The Dahle Family said...

You're living the dream! Reading your post reminds me that the ideal is possible. What a great family you have and what great memories you're making together! Thanks for your examples!